Monday, July 31, 2017

The Next Chapter

For the past 16 years I have been a pastor of a local flock. Those flocks have changed over those 16 years. We have established many wonderful relationships. We have so many fond memories. It is a little strange to find myself in a spot where I have no flock to shepherd and I am not scheduled to preach anywhere until a Tuesday night in October at FBC Zavalla, TX.

The Lord instructed me to step down from Faith Community Church after six years. Brenda and I are both at peace with this new direction. Neither of us know what God has for us. People have flooded us with opportunities from as far south as Corpus Christi and as far west as Fort Stockton. We honestly have no idea where God is leading us.

We sit before the Lord very available. Is 6:8 is the verse we stand on during these uncertain days. While I do feel called to pastor at this time I am open to travel, to supply preach, to interim pastor, to teach the Bible. I am as surrendered as I know to be.

I know our gracious God will guide us through this season. He will supply our needs. He will strengthen our faith. He will also use us in some capacity somewhere. I have as much peace as I can remember though the future is so unclear. He is a good good Father. Today I choose faith over fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment