Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Not The Pursuit Of Revival

Not The Pursuit Of Revival


Let me state this clearly. Many are in pursuit of revival because they want to experience a miraculous move of God. They want to see masses saved. They want to see meetings extended. They want to see scores of people falling in repentance on bended knee. They want to see another Great Awakening. They want the signs and wonders. They may even want all of this more than they want God Himself.
Even the pursuit of revival is not more glorious than the pursuit of God Himself. 
I spent many years more in the pursuit of revival than God. I led prayer meetings for revival. I organized prayer walks and rallies. I wrote about revival. I preached about revival. I read everything I could find about revival. I even traveled to attend revival meetings when I heard about special moves of God around the country. I called the church to repentance. I wanted to taste true revival like the ones I read about in books. I hungered and labored for that more than anything else. I walked in this deception for more than a decade. Trouble was I was not revived.
Not until God became my ultimate pursuit. When He became my focus I experienced personal revivals many times over. I found God was the source of the elusive revival flame. I did not have go to a service or conference. I did not have to rad a book to get revived. All I had to do was go to God consistently and let Him set my soul ablaze for Him.

When I learned that God began using me like I had never seen before in revival ministry. Again let me sate emphatically I AM NO EXPERT ON REVIVAL. I am just a hungry heart and thirsty soul in pursuit of more of God. Like Moses I want to see more of Hi glory. Like David I hunger and thirst for Him. Like Mary I want to sit at His feet as often as possible and hear from Him. That is my most glorious pursuit. I pray it will become yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment