Monday, July 24, 2017

Kermit Shake The City - Day 1

Yesterday felt like a whirlwind day. I started the day preaching in Odessa at University Park Fellowship. God moved. I counted 14 people at the altar during the invitation. I am humbled that God still chooses to use me.

After a quick lunch I headed to Kermit and checked in my room. I spent the rest of the afternoon moving and setting up chairs under the tent. I am thankful God sent Miguel, a local Kermit servant, to help me. It took us almost two hours to complete the task. Then we set up sound equipment and the generator. By the time we finished all of that I had one hour to shower and get back to the tent.

It was a busy afternoon. It felt good to slow down, pray and meditate before the start of the meeting even if it was just an hour. The day did not unfold as I hoped it would. I wanted more time for prayer before the meeting. More time to slow my mind and still my thoughts only on Him. I did not get back o the tent until just before 7 p.m.

I wish I could report the tent was full. I guess there were between 30-40 people in attendance. That did not dampen my enthusiasm. I know I am supposed to be here. Before all is said and done I believe God will glorify His name through these meetings. I still expect a mighty move from Him that sweeps across this town.

We worshipped. We got into the word. There were no manipulated emotions. I loved the purity and simplicity of the meeting. Worship and the word. Those in attendance make up some of the faithful in Kermit from different churches around town. They were true servants. Most of the men stayed behind to help take down those things that needed to be taken down for security reasons over night. They did all of it would joy and humility.

After a late supper wit the Atens I walked back into my room around 10:00 p.m. The fatigue of the day suddenly weighed on me. It did not take me ten minutes to get ready for bed and lights out. I slept soundly until 2:37 a.m. More prayer for Kermit consumed me.

I believe God is building something this week. Like a swell in the oceans tat crests into a great wave as it nears shore. God began the swell years ago. It has been moving rapidly toward this season and I trust it will crest into a great wave impacting the lives of Kermit for all eternity. I am humbled to get to be a part of it.

I truly expect more in attendance tonight than last night. I awoke with a scripture in my mind. I believe it is the message for tonight. Please keep your prayers for Kermit coming. We need a breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment