Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Offering Of Me

What can you give to someone who has everything. It is frustrating to go buy a gift for someone who has everything they need. When you ask what they want they even tell you they have everything they need. Nothing you purchase for them seems sufficient.

What can any of us give Jesus? He has everything. No matter what we give He always deserves more. We can never give enough money, service, or devotion. He is worthy of more. More than our best gifts.

In my prayers this morning that thought took hold. I have no great wealth to offer Him for Kingdom causes. I do not have the singing and piano playing talent of a Keith Green. I do not have the writing talent of A.W. Tozer. I not have the preaching talent of Charles Spurgeon or D.L. Moody. I do not have th intellect of Jonathan Edwards. I do not have the evangelism gifting of Billy Graham.

All I have to offer Jesus is me. My life. It is not much but it is the best gift I have to offer One who gave all for me. Me is all I have. It is my best and most sacrificial offering. One I gladly offer and lay at His feet.

The offering of me is my desire to live on His altar yielded to Him and His plans. Romans 12:1 (ESV) 
1  I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

I cannot compare my offering with others. Others have so much more to give. All I have is the offering of me. I choose to offer my all. My present and my future. My preaching. My writing. My heart to love. My feet to go. My hands to serve. My eyes to see with compassion. My ears to hear Him and the needs of those around me. I offer my mouth to preach as often as He will allow me. All of me freely offered to my King Jesus. It is not nearly enough but it the best that I have to offer. So Jesus, I offer you me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment