Thursday, July 27, 2017

Kermit Shake The City - Day 4

I received a text the night before at 3:22 a.m. Miguel sent the text reading, "Be encouraged brother.  We are praying for you." He and Misti have been the most faithful servants and supporters of these revival meetings. I thank God for them. When they move to West Virginia next week they will leave a large void in Kermit.

Yesterday was the hottest day since we came here. Sherman told me his temperature gauge registered 100 around 6:30 p.m. Even the breeeze under the tent felt more like a blow dryer than a cool refreshing wind. When I arrived at the tent a new couple sat there for the first time. Mr. and Mrs Day.

I sat down to talk to Mrs. Day while Mr. Day went to the Sonic to get them drinks. She told me she had been following my blogs for two years. As we talked we are not sure how she even got connected with them. She mentioned someone from Littlefield. I do not know one person from there. She began receiving them through email two years ago. I have no control of who receives those blogs through email. It is a mystery but because of the blogs her and Mr. Day came for the first time last night. She encouraged others to come through Facebook.

Last night was different. For one thing we had three different churches represented last night. We would have had four but Juan had to minister with his body last night. The worship felt more intense to me. I especially connected when Sherman and Tammy sang The Revelation Song. I could envision myself before the throne of Jesus pouring out my praise in awe of who He is. He is worthy of all power, all majesty, glory, and honor. I could not give Him enough of those things last night.

Just like the night before, just as my heart delighted and enraptured in praise, it was time to get into the scriptures. I do not know how long I went. Time has not mattered this week. I poured my soul out from the book of Acts. When I get into the word I forget about the heat, time, and the distractions of cars driving by. People interjected some testimonies as well.

One such testimony especially moved me from a lady named Rose. Rose moved to Kermit from Longview, TX when she was only four weeks old. She has lived here ever since. Her dad started a church in Kermit. He began in their home and eventually they secured property and built a building. He served that church and labored for the souls of Kermit for over 50 years. She testified she could remember days when people could be seen hurrying down the sidewalks to get to the worship service. She remembered salvations. She remembered life. She recalled life transformation not only in their church but also in the city. She testified she lived days of revival.

Her dad died back in the early 2000's. Sadly she reported Kermit changed over the years. She saw days of revival. Her testimony fascinated me. I wish I could have met her dad. I wish I could have heard him preach, pray with him, and talk to him to gain insight. In a way we have all taken the baton from him like runners in a relay race. We are to keep carrying this gospel baton in labor and intercession for Kermit.

Like I said earlier, I don't know what time I finished. It seemed longer than 30 minutes. Once again we prayed for Kermit. Miss Rose's prayer especially stirred me. There is fire in that woman. Old fashioned Holy Ghost fire. Her prayer so stirred me when I prayed I let loose.

I know God loves Kermit. He loves the drug user and the drug pusher. He loves the fornicators, the adulterers, the hypocrites, the religious, the self righteous,  the holier than thous, the abused and abuser. He loves the children. He loves teenagers. He loves adults. He loves senior adults who are forgotten. He loves Kermit.

I wrestled all yesterday with canceling the rest of the meetings. The attendance has not been strong but last night something changed in me. Something felt very different. Last night was hotter than any service all week. That was not the difference. I felt God's heart for Kermit. He is not done. He will not release me.

THE REVIVAL MEETINGS WIL CONTINUE! All of this with only 14 people in attendance last night. 6 of the 14 there were 14 years of age or younger. Everyone there was a Kermit resident. I sat down and taught instead of preached for the third night in a row. That did not matter. I sensed God with us. He is not done. He is up to something. He is slowly building something. So we press on.

COME FROM NEAR AND FAR. THE MEETINGS WILL CONTINUE AT LEAST THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. I WILL SEEK FOR A FRESH WORD. EACH NIGHT IS AN ADVENTURE. COME FROM KERMIT. COME FROM NEIGHBORING TOWNS. COME FROM TOWNS FAR AWAY. JUST COME AND TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD. WE WILL BEGIN AT 7:00 P.M. UNDER THE RED AND WHITE TENT AT 1101 S. POPLAR STREET IN KERMIT.

Miguel and Misti took us out to eat again after the service. I am not sure what happens after the service but each night when we go and eat the fatigue settles on me. I felt more tired than hungry. We got back to the hotel after 10:00 p.m. I fell into bed at 10:23 p.m. and slept soundly through the night.

I awake eagerly today anticipating what God will do next. I anticipate a fresh word from Him. I anticipate  more breakthrough. I anticipate a new encounter tonight. The revival meetings continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment