Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Will You Follow Me?

The Dallas Baptist University is beautiful built on several high hills. One of the many impressive things about this place is all the scripture references engraved in the sidewalks and in monuments. Overlooking the building we worship in this week is a statue of Jesus with the "Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men," reference.

Below that statue engraved in a red brick outlined monument in large letters is the question, "Will you follow Me?" I have passed that sign several times in the past couple of days. Each time I say a silent, "Yes."I finally had to stop and take a picture of it.

Will I follow Jesus? I love the fact that the question is open ended. Will I followJesus? I stood before that sign this morning and silently prayed, ""Jesus you know I will. You already have my yes."

More than ever I am unsure of the future. I don't know what the next steps are other than to preach at this camp and go to Kermit later this month to preach a revival meeting.

Am I willing to give Jesus my open ended yes. Yes to sacrifice. Yes to follow Him in a new direction. To share Jesus with people from the cashier at Whataburger last night to the cafeteria worker here at DBU? Am I willing to follow Him into the prayer closet in the wee hours of the morning? Am I willing to go and preach in both big city and backwoods churches? Am I willing to write what He inspires? Am I willing to love the unlovely and neglected? Am I willing to serve when nobody but God is watching and I will not get human approval? Am I willing to keep packing my suitcase and to keep preaching camps as many as He will open the doors? Am I willing to sit still His presence with no crowds wanting to hear me preach? Am I willing to follow?

May my answer be today, tonight, tomorrow, all week, next week, and each week for the remainder of my life, "Yes and a thousand times yes. Jesus I will follow with Your strength and help."



No comments:

Post a Comment