Thursday, July 20, 2017

When Heaven Kissed Seminole - Revival Part 6


            I got up early the day of the first revival meeting to pray some more. Down the way someone was reading through the last of Revelation. In time people arrived  for Sunday School. I stayed shut up in my office in prayer as long as I could pleading with God to send a great move.
            When coach Herb Rios walked out on the stage read through Revelation 22 there was electricity in the air. People came with high expectations. After coach Rios finished and andbprayer was offered, Sherman stepped to his keyboard and Tammy sat at the piano. From the first notes of the first songs I knew this was not a typical Sunday morning service. I felt the weighty presence of God. 
            The music sounded heavenly. A mixture of hymns and new songs. Seamlessly woven together to make a beautiful worship service. I could have kept on singing for hours. I never heard such singing as I heard during those days. Very powerful. Very moving. Encouraging. Thrilling. Celebratory. Reflective. Most important of all God was thick in the middle of all of it. We were performing religious rituals. No. We were truly worshipping at the throne. 
            When I stepped behind the pulpit to preach I felt God’s power flowing through me. We were off and running. While memory fails me now in recalling what I preached I know God seemed to take over. I felt He was working. I could see signs of His moving among the people. They were as hungry and invested in these meetings as me. We all wanted more of God. We pursued Him relentlessly. 
            Let me summarize what happened over the next few days. GOD SHOWED UP! I saw and experienced things I can never forget. I cannot go through all of it. I saw people saved. People repented. People wept over their sin. They testified before the congregation night after night. Long time church members were saved. A Sunday School teacher got saved. Sins were confessed. The laters were full night after night. And that was just the beginning. Heaven came down for those special days and kissed Seminole. 
        An anthem of that revival became the song I Will Never Be The Same Again. Each time Sherman led that song we encountered God. We did not just sing words. We sang our testimonies. The more God poured out His presence among us the more we hungered for more. More of Him. More salvations. More worship. More revival. He did send more. Much more than many ever anticipated. More on that later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment