Saturday, July 29, 2017

Headed Home

It is 6:15 a.m. I am packed and about to walk out the door of this hotel room that has been my home for the past week. I am heading home. I have not been there in a week and a half. It feels like a life time ago.

This trip has been an amazing adventure. I decided before I ever left I would not charge one penny on a credit card for gas or food. I decided to trust God for each meal for me and the Atens. God provided beautifully. We never went without. God used people like the Kerrs before I ever left home. He used people like the Chambers to make this week possible. He used the Mills, the Hughes, Littles, and of curse Miguel and Misti Urguidi to provide several meals. He also used Juan and his wife Vicky. He used Hector and Blanca to provide the sound system . I thank God for each and glorify His name.

This whole adventure has been one step of faith on top of the other. My faith is stronger as a result of it. I am thankful for the Atens willingly and joyfully walking this adventure with me. O the stories we could tell. The memories that have been made. The testimonies we can give.

Now it is time to go back home. The Atens will minister at FBC Seminole Sunday morning. I will be back at Faith Community Church for the last time.

What is next? Only God knows. I do believe He has called me to pastor. I wait for that open door and for the next chapter of our adventure in folliowing Him to begin. You can rest assured I will write all about it.

My burden for Kermit will not end with my leaving in a few moments. I will pray for this town and these pastors.

Now it is time to head back east. I look forward to reuniting with Brenda, Taylor, Tanner, Tucker, and Turner. I might even reach down and pat Annabelle, the dog, on the top of the head. After a week and a half of sleeping in different beds I am ready to go home. Even though our home is temporary as we wait to see what God has for us next.

To all of you who prayed thank you. To all of you who sacrificed to make this dream possible thank you. To all of you who walked by our side and volunteered your labor this past week thank you. To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment