Sunday, July 16, 2017

At This Time Next Week

At this time next week, Lord willing, I will be arriving under the tent getting ready for our first Kermit meeting. The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. Only God knows when it will end. Only God knows how many days the meetings will extend. Only God knows hen I will return home.

It is hard to believe. After months of praying and planning we are entering the home stretch before the meeting. I pray God moves so powerfully He advertises Himself in Kermit.  I find my prayer for Kermit is exactly the prayer Elijah offered on Mount Carmel.

1 Kings 18:36-37 (ESV)
36  And at the time of the offering of the oblation, Elijah the prophet came near and said, “O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that you are God in Israel, and that I am your servant, and that I have done all these things at your word.
37  Answer me, O LORD, answer me, that this people may know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you have turned their hearts back.” 

2 comments: