Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Revival – Woman You are Loosed Luke 13:10-17

I had many doubts about the future of the revival on day nine. I started the day once again prostrate on my face asking the Lord to show me what to preach and to show us more of His glory. I had nagging doubts all day long. It seemed me the revival had lost some of the intensity. I know our people are tired. They have faithfully supported these ten services up to day nine. We had a staff meeting around lunch to discuss the status of the revival. We all think God wants to do more but we still have not seen the breakthrough we have been praying and hoping for.

We agreed to meet at 6:00 p.m. for prayer before the service. By this time I felt the Lord wanted me to preach from Luke 13:10-17. I did not want to preach that message. I felt it was too similar to messages I had preached earlier in the week. I wrestled back and forth. In the end I knew it was what God wanted and submitted to His will though somewhat reluctantly.

While we prayed I could hear thunder outside and asked God to send physical rain as well as the rain of His Holy Spirit on us. Low and behold it began to rain even while we prayed. Something about it raining revived my faith and trust that God would move. Despite braving the rain we had another comfortably full house. We had guests from Lubbock, one of them grew up in that church, the pastor and his wife from Odonnel were also in attendance. A dear friend of mine from Palestine, TX was in attendance.

Sean Decker led worship with God’s anointing all over him. At one point as we sang a song called “The Revelation Song” I knew my response in worship was to bow on my knees. It did not matter what others thought. I knew in my spirit the Lord wanted me on my knees with face buried in the ground. That is where I sang and cried out for more of God.

The Lord once again blessed the preaching of His word as we dealt with women. We discussed how Satan had bound a woman for eighteen years in such a way that she was bent over and could not straighten herself out. With this woman used as an analogy we dealt with issues of oppression and bondage in women today.

Jesus touched the woman and proclaimed that she was loosed or freed. That was the invitation to believe God to loosen the grip of oppression Satan puts on women in this day and age. The oppression of inferiority, feelings of worthlessness and shame all were let go. During the invitation I saw mothers and daughters coming forward to pray together. I saw husbands come down in repentance of oppressing their wives. Many women came to me for private prayer. Teens came forward to be loosed from the shackles of Satan. I did not hear anyone being saved but know God moved powerfully once again.

There is expectancy among the people to meet with God. They are witnessing to the lost during the days and inviting people to come to the services at night. I still do not know if the Lord wants us to continue. We have two more nights scheduled. The Lord is not allowing me to sleep much these days. Each morning I awake and know I am to be seeking Him.

As I write this it is early on day ten. Once again I do not know what I will be preaching tonight and so the waiting, seeking, and trusting the Lord for that message begins all over again. It is worth it as God saves the Lost and revives His church. I do not know for sure what tonight will hold but Lord willing we once again gather in His name and cry out for more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment