Monday, August 2, 2010

Revival – The Waters Are Stirred John 5:1-14

God moved in both services yesterday. The music reminded me of what Heaven will be like. It was sweet, refreshing, melodious, and anointed. Several times I brushed tears from my eyes. People came expecting. I came expecting more than church as usual. The Lord did not disappoint.

The Lord birthed a message in my heart based on a conversation I had with a lady in the hallway of the hospital. She commented that God was about to stir the waters. As soon as she made that comment I was reminded of the John 5 passage. I felt like a man with a burning message in my soul. Throughout the summer the Lord instructed me to preach for decisions. That is what I did. I did not want to hold back. Sadly I have to report no one was saved in either service.

When the invitation was extended, so many people came down to seek the Lord, some for deliverance from sin, some to recommit their lives to Christ, backsliders returned to Jesus to be touched and made whole again, and others for a fresh touch from the Lord. I felt God’s anointing and felt people were responsive. There were many tears, much brokenness, and a joy that comes from knowing you have met with the Lord.

Someone asked me from another church this morning if revival started yesterday. I told them we met yesterday and met with God but I am not ready to say we had revival. Only God can do that and when the Lord comes in power like that we will all know it. Knowing we have a week and a half of meetings left I wonder what will happen. Will the people come back? Will God unleash His river of revival in our midst? Will the power of God be evident to all? Will this spill into the streets of Seminole?

God stirred the waters of people’s hearts yesterday. Many were agitated, disquieted, in an inner commotion on the inside. God means business for this revival. Some laid down sins they have struggled with for decades. Like one person told me after the service, “I am free!” I watched as many gathered around to pray for one whom had strayed far from the Lord but returned. As I watched people moving all over the sanctuary I felt blessed to be a part of this revival effort. I say revival effort because we are pursuing God to revive our hearts. Many experienced that yesterday but many did not as well. We’re not there yet but we are headed in the right direction.

Some left the service yesterday having been made well. Jesus healed the ill man in the John 5 passage and made him well. That means he was restored and made whole. Similarly people were restored and made whole yesterday morning. God stirred the waters but this is just the beginning. There is much more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment