Thursday, August 12, 2010

Revival – Give God Your Best

Last night we had as big a crowd as we have had all week. The worship was intense. When I say that you may not get the full picture. People sang from their hearts and they sang loudly. I experienced as intense worship as I ever have in my life. We are blessed to have Sean Decker leading us to the throne on staff at FBC Seminole. The whole night was intense.

I preached from Acts 16 about Paul and Silas being arrested and how the Lord used those circumstances to save a jailer and his family. I felt a burden about people who might be contemplating suicide and preached on the theme of hope.

We started the service with a clip from the movie “Facing the Giants” about giving your absolute very best. Though we were weary we pressed on and gave God our absolute best in worship and prayer.

I looked up at one point and there was a grown man prostrate on the floor interceding for his lost friends right in the middle of worship and praise. We gave God our best in worship, prayer, and expectation for Him to move among us. There were many new faces in the congregation. Some of them had not darkened the door of a church in decades. I do not know most of these people. It awes me to see the Lord drawing people here.

We fully expected God would save many. I preached so hard my collar was soaked with sweat. Beads of perspiration rolled down my face all night long. I held nothing back pleaded, yearned, urged, and compelled lost souls to come to Christ. When it was all done, not one person responded publicly to trusting Christ for salvation. Not one person in the sanctuary or one person via the telephone through the television ministry.

We all sensed the heavy presence of God in our midst and at the same time left baffled wondering why God had not saved the lost. We have for ten straight nights expected this to break wide open. For ten straight nights we have left with the mixed emotions of excitement and at the same time disappointment that we have not had breakthrough. In the midst of this I have peace.

Now we must decide if the Lord would have us extend the meetings. In fact, I am late for a meeting even as I type this. Everything in me tells me God is not through while at the same time I do not want to extend something God is no longer blessing. Many decisions must be made tonight. In my heart of hearts I do not feel God is through. There is much more to be done and more ground to conquer for Christ. I have meditated on Gal 6:9 all day.

I have peace about whatever the Lord wants. I want to honor Him. This is His revival. May He be honored and glorified. To Him be the glory whatever His will is.

No comments:

Post a Comment