Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Revival – Fellowship of Burning Hearts Luke 24:13-35

Tuesday proved to be a jammed pack day. I received a call that one of our member’s husband was in the hospital in Lubbock. I know God’s call on me is a dual role during this revival. I am called to be a prophet and speak, “Thus says the Lord.” I am also called to be a pastor.

It takes close to three hours round trip to drive to Lubbock. During the drive I cried out for direction for the message. It was not until after the visit while I was eating lunch at Taco Beuno that I got peace about the direction to go in. Earlier in the day I kept thinking of the word fire.

Verse 32 in Luke 24 says, “Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the scriptures to us?”

The focus on the night narrowed in on Christian people being reverent in their love and zeal for God. We also turned to [Rev 3:15-16] to discuss being lukewarm in our love and zeal for the Lord.

I barely had time to shower and change clothes after studying. God continues to give His messages day after day. I continue to trust Him to do so as long as He chooses to continue this good work. The challenge is for all believers to be called to the “Fellowship of Burning Hearts.”

I found several quotes from people who burned for the Lord. John Wesley commented, “Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.” He also stated, “When set on fire people love to come and watch you burn.” Missionary and martyr Jim Elliot once prayed, “God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life and may I burn for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one, like you Lord Jesus.” Revival preacher and author Leonard Ravenhill once said, “We need God to send another caldron of heavenly lava, spilling out from another upper room to another church.” It was said of preacher Martin Boos, “Before revival broke out, Martin Boos spent hours and days and often nights in lonely agonies of intercessions. Afterwards, when he preached, his words were a flame and the hearts of the people as grass.”

O that God would make us a people of burning hearts for the Lord. How I continue to pray that God would set this church afire and that others would come not just to watch us burn but to be consumed by the revival blaze as well. Deep in my soul I yearn for God to move in other churches just like He is moving among us.

Many came forward for prayer asking God to reignite their hearts once again. We also witnessed the miracle of a man whom some had prayed for twenty-five years or more being baptized by his son who is a pastor in another town. What a thrilling sight to behold.

God is not finished. A young boy trusted Christ for salvation and came to talk with me this morning in my offices. His father, who is saved but has never been baptized, are both going to be baptized tonight. The church staff has continually wrestled with how long the Lord wants us to meet in these revival meetings. We are very aware we are experiencing things and God’s work in ways we may never again witness in our lifetimes. We believe we will answer to God for it if we cut this revival short when God has much more work He wants to do. After meeting on this subject again today we have the same opinion. God is not finished meeting with us yet. When He is we will know it. We are extending the meetings through at least Sunday evening.

The Lord has released the Atens to go home for some much needed rest before they head out on the road for their next revival. God used them powerfully in the two different times they were here. I am confident God will use Sean and our worship team to continue His good work. There are still greater things to be done in this city.

I received a report last night after the service that I found hard to believe. One of our members has a sister who lives in Fort Worth. She called to tell her sister about what the Lord has been doing and the sister in Forth Worth replied that she had already heard about it six hours away from here. Absolutely amazing.

I have begun to pray that God would spread the word about what He is doing through these blogs. Please pass these on by word of mouth. Again I urge you to make comments on the blogs. In this way what the Lord is doing here can spread like fire literally around the world. God continues to turn my heart outward praying more and more people will be touched by God.

I do not know what tonight will hold but I am eager to meet with the Lord. I am eager to worship Him, to be stirred with new revival fire in my heart, and to preach His truth to hurting people. God is so faithful. May the world not just come and watch us burn but may they burn with us for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment