Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Revival – Living with Conviction Daniel 3

It is hard to believe we are already into day eight of this revival. The Lord continues to move. Three more were saved today. I am awed at the power of God to save people from all walks of life. It is humbling to be a part of God’s work.

I preached on Shadrach, Abednego, and Meshach standing firm and being thrown into the fiery furnace. God continues to give me the messages. I came to church early to sit before the Lord because I did not have a message for Sunday morning. At one point I lay prostrate on the floor crying out to God for His message. God revealed it about 8:00 a.m.

Much of what has happened here over the past week has been a blur. The deep work of God continues mostly in His church. A father approached me to tell me he emptied all the alcohol out of his refrigerator and told his kids never again would they see it. I am humbled by it all. I had the privilege to lead a teacher to faith in Christ as she overcomes the demons of sexual abuse from her childhood.

As we enter into the homestretch I continually battle whether this is a work of God that is to continue or are we in the last days of this revival? I still do not have the answer to that question but I do believe there is much more God wants to do.

The Sunday evening service was different. Satan loves to manifest himself and oppose the work of God. He is continually trying to squirm his way in. I was distracted for much of the service. I got called out of the service to deal with a lady who was passing by. She said she had aids and needed to get to Lubbock. I don’t know if what she said was true but she sat through the service before we could help her. I once again wrestled with the Lord during the afternoon about what to preach. Only the Lord knows how much I have sought Him to know what to preach each service. Some messages have come easier than others.

I preached from Exodus 33-34 Sunday evening. Like Moses I long for more of God even though we have experienced so much of Him and received so much from Him over these past eight days. Mind boggling. I do not remember any great move of God Sunday evening except a different lady from Lubbock came forward to be saved. I had the privilege of leading her to faith in Christ while we knelt at the altar.

God is exalted in these days. The crowds have remained consistent. I still have not seen the real breakthrough we have all been praying for. Night after night I have asked for more of God. There are still three more nights of the “scheduled revival.” We will see what God does.

I met with the deacons after the service to ask them to pray with me about whether God wants to extend these services. We are to pray until Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. We will meet right before the service and share what we think the Lord wants us to do so we can announce it to the congregation. We are in agreement that if God wants us to continue He will move so mightily we will know He is not through.

No comments:

Post a Comment