Monday, August 16, 2010

Revival – It is not Dead but Only Sleeping

Revival started in my heart early this morning in my office. The Lord met with me, convicted me, and revealed new truth to me. My time with Him was refreshing and exhilarating. Revival stirred in my soul before anyone else even got here.

The Lord showed me personally I could not operate in the fear that I have not really heard from Him, the fear this revival is or can be easily quenched, and that we are meeting in vain. Being afraid and living by faith cancel each other out. During my prayer times in the morning I believe God has much more for us. At nights before the services I often fear nobody will show up but more importantly that God will not show up. I must stand in faith and believe what He said.

As expected on a Sunday morning the house was full of attendees including the balcony. This marks the fifteenth day of meetings. Sherman started by saying it was two weeks ago this Sunday morning he and Tami gathered with us to lead out in the music and worship. It is hard to believe two weeks have gone by.

They were anointed of the Lord once again. There is no way to describe the music of this revival whether the Atens have lead or Sean. God has used them both mightily. At times I have sat in silence, raised my hands toward God as far as I could reach, knelt on the ground, wept, and sang at the top of my lungs. I have enjoyed the opportunity to worship.

An elderly gentleman responded during the invitation. I heard more than one person say to me, “I can’t believe that. “ “I have prayed for that man for over twenty-five years.” You do not know what a big deal this is.” “That is a miracle.” This gentleman came to make a profession of faith and to follow in baptism. Another commented, “I never thought I would see this day.”

God is doing those types of things. He is completely astounding us. Our minds are being blown away time and time again by His powerful moving. There are no longer words. There are only waves of His presence manifested in different ways over and over again.

A lady came down to profess her faith in Christ. She will be baptized tonight. Another man came to me to share his testimony. He was saved five years ago but never followed through in baptism. He will be obedient to that tonight. A young man who rebelled against the Lord for seven long years gave testimony today of the power of Christ to forgive, deliver, and to make church feel like home. He also testified boldly at a restaurant today inviting people to the service tonight. People never thought they would see this young man in church, restored to his family, much less giving a public testimony behind the pulpit or out in public. God is doing those kind of astounding things around here.

Over and over people came to me after the service this morning to tell me God is not finished yet. Not one person has said they feel God is done. I even received an email from one our ladies who was sick but watched the service on television who said God is not through. She went on to say we will have no doubts when God is finished with this revival work.

I preached from Mark 5 :23-42 about the synagogues official’s daughter who died. Jesus brought her back to life. At one point Jesus said she was not dead but sleeping even though the scriptures plainly say she died. I believe she died but from Jesus’ perspective she might as well have been taking a nap because she was awakened. In the same way God is awakening the hearts of people through this revival. The stories of God’s work are numerous. Most of those stories are only the ones we see on the surface. There is deep work of God going on behind the scenes.

The doubters and critical have to be removed. Those attitudes can be contagious and hinder the work of God but so can the climate of faith. That is what God is building here. He is building a climate of faith here where we truly believe nothing is impossible with God. There are those who thought all of this was over after day ten. They thought it would come to an end. God continues to completely astound us and His work continues.

It is nearing time for the Sunday evening service. I do not know what He will do tonight but I do trust that it will be good. I hope and pray it includes more souls being saved and brought into the harvest. This revival is not dead. It might have appeared to be sleeping but it has been awakened once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment