Thursday, August 19, 2010

Revival – Righteous Judge

Nobody was saved tonight during the revival but God moved in the hearts of His people to give them a burden for evangelism. We looked at Rev 19:11-16. The focus of the night included the theme that God along with being a loving, gracious, and kind God is also a righteous judge. There is a limit to His patience and grace when people continually reject Him.

We journeyed through Old Testament passages about Adam and Eve, God destroying the world by flood, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorah, the death of the first born in Egypt during the Passover, and the destruction of the Egyptian Army at the Red Sea. In each of these stories people rebelled against God and there were consequences for those sinful actions.

In the New Testament we looked at the sin of Annanias and Sapphira in Acts 5 along with the death of King Herod in Acts 12 for not giving glory to God. The main focus of the message stemmed from Rev 19:11-16. In this passage Jesus is a conquering military hero and a righteous judge coming to make war and destroy all the enemies of God.

The message had a somber tone to it, as well it should. People who have not been saved will, one day face the righteous judge. The full force of God’s anger, violent emotion, and righteous indignation will be poured out on the enemies of Christ. The news is sobering. We hold the truth and still remain tight-lipped.

It is time to pray harder, witness more often, and trust Christ to bring in the harvest. It is time to see miracles of salvation. I pray for a mass spiritual awakening to take place in Seminole and beyond. Many sent on the verge of a Christ-less eternity. I must be sober and continue laboring and witnessing. I must rouse myself out of bed to keep taking my watch on the walls of Seminole and West Texas in intercession.

Before the service I went to the football scrimmage to watch Taylor play for a few minutes. As I was leaving a lady stopped to tell me she has been watching the revival on television and got to come in person one night. We talked for a few minutes and I turned to leave. Before I took five steps she called out for me. She reported a story to me I found astonishing. She talked to a friend of hers who was in Brazil recently. Her friend told her she heard about the revival in Seminole all the way over in Brazil! Only God could do that.

As much as I enjoy the services I have to say I enjoy the prayer meetings before the services equally. There is some real wrestling with God that takes place in those prayer times behind closed doors. Many victories are being won in those prayer meetings nobody knows about. Eternity will tell the tale.

The service ended tonight with a passionate plea to our television audience as well as to our membership. We will devote the next twenty-four hours to prayer and witnessing. We trust God will bring a harvest tomorrow night. I expect God to assemble a mass of people.

It is hard to believe we have finished day nineteen of this revival. I could not help but be encouraged when we had probably close to two hundred people on a night when the football teams were playing in a scrimmage at our home stadium. Once again we had several people from other churches and even some from out of town in attendance. I know there were at least three men from Odessa. May the Lord keep spreading the fire both at home and abroad for His glory. God is not done yet. Tomorrow we seek the Lord afresh and trust Him for the harvest again. Breakthrough is coming. The revival continues.

1 comment: