Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Revival – Here Am I Send Me Is 6:1-8

On Monday night the Lord allowed me to preach a message that had been building in my heart for several days. The focus was on the vastness and holiness of God. I thought it would prove to be a very evangelistic message but God had other plans in mind.

Two teenagers and a man and his wife all surrendered to full time ministry or missions on Monday night. The Lord continues to manifest His presence in different ways. The fact that He is still at work is obvious.

God continues to stir our hearts through worship. It is a magnificent experience. At times we are celebrating and at other times we are singing with deep reflection. Regardless of the style of the music it is always good. People have enjoyed God in song. There is an enthusiasm for worship in this church I have never witnessed before. One lady commented it is like getting a cold drink of water on a hot day. It is refreshing.

Monday night we saw a father and son get baptized. What a joy to behold. God is powerful and continues to draw the lost. Night after night we have seen His hand at work. Many are under conviction. God will save them as well in His time.

During the invitation I saw one man under heavy conviction. I knew God was dealing with him. I did not necessarily know what the Lord stirred in His heart. Before the service ended he walked out. I knew he needed to be alone with God for a while. Not long after his wife followed.

They both found me after church and asked if they could talk to me privately. In my office they revealed God had called them full time missions. I immediately looked at the wife and wondered if she was just as called as her husband. She assured me that she also felt God’s calling.

I could see joy in their eyes even though they do not know where the Lord is calling them. What amazes me is that they have only really been serving the Lord for the past six months. In that six months God has given them a hunger for Him. They have pursued the Lord with vigor. It is a delight to watch them follow God’s amazing adventure for their lives. There are still many details to work out but at this point they have accepted God’s call.

While praying for them at the end of our time together I felt the Lord impress me to give them the globe that sits on my desk. When I handed it to them afterward I told them they could use it to pray to discern where the Lord might be calling them to serve. God continues to take the gospel to the ends of the earth through his called out and sent out ones like the couple who sat in my office.

God also called two teenage girls into ministry. One began sensing God’s call to be a missionary back in June at our youth camp. God sealed it for her on Monday night. She came to me in tears telling me that decision started back Panama City, FL at our camp. Her parents gave her their full support. In fact, I received an email from the dad about the decision being easy because she had been dedicated to God the day she was born.

Another young lady senses the Lord calling her to full time music ministry. We will get together later this week to discuss this and celebrate this call on her life as well. I don’t know what all of that call will constitute but do trust the Lord will work His plans in her life as well as the rest who answered the call.

Revival fire continues to burn. People are generally falling into two categories. Some people are hungry for more of God. Though they are exhausted there is still excitement about attending the services every night. They long for worship and hunger for God’s word. People need to do laundry, mow their lawns, and shop for school supplies but there has not been time. Each night when people get off work they come to the revival. Not everybody. There are many who have come off and on. Others have come every night. Still others are ready for it to be over. There have been comments around town from people wondering when this will end. I have even begun to sense jealousy from other believers. Despite those, we cannot get a peace that God is finished working. So night after night we come back expecting God to meet with us and to move mightily again.

This is uncharted water for all of us. We continue to pray. Many have told me they are awaking all hours of the night to pray. People continue to take their watch on the walls of Seminole. There is still more work to be done. We continue to seek the Lord for direction. He continues to move and we do not want to take that for granted. We continue to cry out for more of God here and that God would spread this revival to our sister churches in Seminole and in the surrounding communities. Please continue to pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment