Monday, December 21, 2015

Snapshots Of The Heart

What a blessed day. I watched all four of the boys go into Tucker's and Turner's room to play a video game tournament. They laughed and got along. They talked trash to one another and none of them like losing. Where did they get that from. But they were all four together. They enjoyed one another. They laughed together and blessed their mom and dad in the process without knowing it. 
Then they went outside. Taylor, Tanner, and Turner all played basketball while Tucker, Brenda and I watched. Tanner provided the comedian relief during the games. Taylor wanted to win at all costs keeping things serious and competitive.. Each of them won a game. Tucker provided the play by play commentary from the sidelines. And in the end Turner pulled out a prayer and actually beat his two oldest brothers in a game. He was so excited he took a victory lap down the driveway. In all fairness in the next game the older brothers reminded Turner of the pecking order. 
No fussing. No fighting. Just all six of the Edwards together in one place enjoying this Christmas season and one another. The Lord has allowed me to have one on one time with each of the boys. 
I can see Taylor's maturity after a year and a half in college. As usual he has set goals for his future and is working toward them diligently. 
Tanner finished his senior season highlight video to send to colleges. He had an outstanding year. I look forward to seeing him playing at the next level. 
Even though Tucker had ACL surgery I could not be prouder of his positive attitude and willingness to still make jokes and keep th family laughing. Everyone has pitched him to help him during this difficult time. 
Turner and I have spent much time together. He was most concerned when he finally saw Tucker in the emergency room. He loves his brothers. 
They still bicker from time to time but this has been enjoyable. Last night we all sat around the living room and watched some Christmas movies. I enjoyed that time for all six of us to be together. I do not want to take these moments for granted. These past two days I have taken many snapshots with my heart. Priceless memories to be treasured. 
Brenda and I sit back taking in the blessing of the day. Our hearts are full.

No comments:

Post a Comment