Monday, December 28, 2015

Crucified

I remember well the blessed day of my salvation,
I also look forward to the day of my glorification,
Those days are forever etched deeply in my mind,
They are not the daily trouble I continue to find,
It is not salvation that troubles me nor glorification,
My trouble comes from day to day sanctification,
I do not always live the way a follower should,
Some days I act badly more than I perform good,
Some days I wander and in the battles get defeated,
Not living out the redemptive work Christ completed,
Sometimes I lose hope in the shadows of my mountains,
Not rejoicing from not drinking of God's holy fountain,
There are days when my love for God grows icily cold,
When I defiantly rebel repeatedly against what I'm told,
I get in my way, obscure the path to life joyfulyl abundant,
Repeating the same mistakes - all ridiculously redundant,
So here I sit needing the pain of my life forever crucified,
To take up my cross and follow Him my will and way denied.

No comments:

Post a Comment