Tuesday, December 29, 2015

In The Quiet Place

Lord, here I sit once again in our quiet place. Nobody else in the house is awake. It is just the two of us. I love these times with You. I love that You want to meet with me. Who am I that You should be mindful of me. I am lower than dirt for dirt never rebelled against you and sinned. I am nothing apart from You and Your amazing grace. I can only approach You and come boldly before Your throne because of Your blood Jesus. That makes me want to worship. It makes me want to shout. It makes me say, "Thank You Jesus. You are worthy of all glory."

On this cold December morning I ask You to ignite fresh fire in my soul. I do not want to be lukewarm. I want to be boiling over in my love for You. I want to have renewed passion to love, seek and serve You. I don't know what all that entails or ultimately where it will lead me and what adventures I will experience. I only know I love You and I need You.

O, how I need You. I need You to help me reject apathy. I need You to help me resist temptation. I need You to reveal more of Yourself to me. I need You to give insight into Your word. I need You to light my path and shine Your word as a lamp unto my feet. I need You to strengthen me for the trials and tests that lie ahead. I need You to shore of my faith when it wanes. I need You to anoint my mind, heart, and fingers to write. I need You to anoint my mind, heart and mouth to preach. I need You to give me wisdom beyond my ability to reason. I also need You to help me love my wife as You love the church. Help me love my kids with an unconditional love like You love me.

I thank You for this quiet place where we can commune without distraction. In this place there is solace. I am most content in this place. You teach me contentment in our times together. You often speak to me in this quiet place and I thank You for those times. I ask You to do it again today.

I pray my love for You and my love for meeting with You in this quiet place will ever increase. Like Moses I cried out, "Show me Your glory Lord.," I cry out to know and experience more of You.  I am not satisfied to know about You. I want to know You and commune closer and closer to You and with You. I am not content to worship form afar. I want to draw near and prepare for holy collisions as you in turn draw near to me. I pray for private and personal encounters with You each day. I ask you deeper my thirst for You like a deer panting for water. I ask You to increase my appetite for You and not be easily distracted with lesser things that can never satisfy.

This small quiet place means much to me because You meet me here. This is holy ground. This is sacred ground because You visit me here. You encourage me here. You convict and chastise me here. You reveal Your plans and inspire new messages here. I thank You for this quiet place but more so I thank You for meeting me here. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment