Friday, December 4, 2015

The Great Adventure in Kermit

The adventure began unexpectedly. It required me to travel. My schedule kept me hopping with preaching to the masses, evangelizing and other ministry related activities. There was little time for rest.

The harder I prayed the more God blessed the work. Attendance started out small but began to build over time. Hurting people showed up. I never experienced worship like that ever before. People sang with enthusiasm. They expressed their adoration for God freely. There was energy. God moved during the invitations and people came for prayer. When I say people I'm talking about dozens of people. I got so caught up  in praying for the people I lost track of time. I am not sure how long the services lasted. I just know God touched people. I also know I left the services exhausted.

I could not wait to get back to my room for sleep. Sleep did not last long. Each night God woke me up early in the morning to seek Him for the work taking place all over town. The longer I stayed the greater the burden became. The greater the burden the more I prayed. The more I prayed the more insight God gave me for peaching. He displayed His power in dramatic ways.

I don't know why God chose me. I don't know why He chose that town. I only know following Him day after was a great adventure. Greater than anything I had ever experienced.

Then I awoke from my dream. The great adventure all took place in my dream. A dream of His grace filled outpouring in Kermit, TX. May it be so Lord. In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment