Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Orphan's Prayer

Lord, are You real, are You actually really out there,
Do You see and know me, of my pain are You aware,
Do You know my secret dreams and my many  fears,
Do really record in Your book all my ceaseless tears,
If You collect all those tears they must make a lake,
When adoptive parents continually refuse me to take,
I sit here praying for a family but I am still all alone,
This unloving orphanage all I have to call my home,
All I want for Christmas does not include dainty dolls,
I do not even long for the joy of playing with some ball,
No, all I want is a father and a mother for my very own,
To be adopted and grow up in their loving family home,
You are a father to the fatherless to orphans just like me,
Would You give me a father with skin on my only plea.

No comments:

Post a Comment