Monday, November 6, 2017

God Does Not Waste Anything

God is at work. We cannot always see the results. There are plenty of times when it appears He is not working at all especially, when things do not work out like we planned. 

We try to avoid pain and difficult trails but often God leads us down them. What we consider insignificant mundane activities is training ground God uses to mold us into useful vessels. Sometimes the molding hurts. His chisel and knife to cut away the rough edges is not pleasant but it is useful  if we will just yield to the pressure from His hands.  He does not waste anything. 

No pain is wasted. No trials are wasted. No failures are wasted. No confusing seasons are wasted. God is at work in all those situations teaching us, testing us, tempering us, training us, and trying us even when we are not aware of it. 

Brenda and I were having a conversation about this on one of our let night drives from a preaching engagement. She talked about her childhood and memories from ministry she enjoyed with her dad. She brought up some ministry things she did in college I had completely forgotten about. We talked about God prepared her for this season of life even though back then she had no idea God was training her. I talked about my past and different things that were unpleasant but, now those things  look like God's training ground. He did not waste any of it. 

Not my growing up in Lufkin, TX. Not my playing ball in high school and college. Not my theological training both in and out of the classroom. He did not waste any of the places I have served and experiences I've had along the way as a youth pastor, pastor, church planter, author, or full time revivalist. He has not wasted any of it. 

There are lessons I learned along the way that help me minister more effectively today. I look back and see God's handiwork. I am not sure where it will all end. I just know God used a good friend today to remind me that God does not waste anything.

No triumph nor trial has been wasted. No grief or growth were wasted. No depression or death of visions have been wasted. God is still at work using all of it to shape me into a more useful vessel. I trust He is doing the same for you. 

One day we will all look back and see how it worked together. Like the many pieces of jg saw puzzle all of it will come together to make a beautiful picture of our purpose. Until then we trudge forward in faith believing none of it is wasted. God can use it all for His good. 

Romans 8:28 (ESV)
28  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 



No comments:

Post a Comment