Monday, November 27, 2017

Audacious

The word audacious can be defined as the willingness to take surprisingly bold risks. Now what if you apply that to prayer. Praying shockingly bold prayers.

D.L. Moody once said, "If God is your partner make your plans large." I heard Louie Giglio once say, "If you make a mistake let it be that you asked God for too much." Both audacious statements.

I prayed an audacious prayer this morning. The contents of that prayer are not important. Suffice it to say if you had heard that prayer your eye brows might have been raised. I did not pray that for show. I also prayed absolutely convinced God not only could but also convinced He will do it. Bold audacious praying is largely becoming a habit.

I sure cannot tout that all those audacious prayers have been answered the way I prayed them. I can show you multitudes of answers to some audacious praying. I want to err on the side of asking God for too much. I will continue to pray and make my plans large because God is my partner and I seek to dream His dreams and work out the plans He reveals.

Even if those plans are audacious. Dangerous. Risky. Impossible. Daunting. None of that matters. The only thing that matters is does Jesus want it done. If He wills it to happen we can pray audaciously and believe God to intervene. His power is not limited by our challenges. His wisdom is not limited by our confusing paths.

I think we often don't pray audaciously because we don't have audacious faith. If we are going to pray effectively we must learn to trust Him. Prayer without faith is just wishful thinking. I am not interested in wishful thinking like wishing on a shooting star or blowing out candles on a birthday cake.

God is all powerful, all knowing, and ever present. I want to tap into His resources daily. If I need wisdom about decisions I ask Him and expect Him to respond. If I need strength to make it through a grueling ministry schedule I lean on Him and ask Him to give me strength, energy, and power. If I have a need I ask Him to supply that need out of his abundant resources.

What would happen in our lives if we truly tapped into God and His resources? What would happen if we prayed audaciously with audacious faith. I can tell you what would happen. Miracles would happen. God would get more glory. Isn't that the point. God getting more glory as people see Him at work. How will that happen if we pray wimpy prayers our whole life with minimal faith. Lord Jesus, please increase our faith, help our unbelief, and give us boldness to pray audaciously. In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment