Friday, November 24, 2017

Giving Birth To A Miracle

Brenda and I have an announcement to make. We are pregnant. Some may be surprised. Others who know us the best may not be so surprised. They celebrated other births we have been blessed to enjoy over the years. While we know the pregnancy period is a long process of waiting, we know in the end the  anticipated miracle will come. We look forward to celebrating that birthday.

If you think I am talking about being pregnant with another child you would be incorrect. We are pregnant with some miracles God is forming in our souls. They have germinated. Now we pray and wait for those miracles to be born through travailing prayer. You might ask what they are? What are these miracles we are giving birth to? God knows. They are recorded in my prayer journals. Now we wait to give birth to the miracles.

Hebrews 11:1 (ESV)
1  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.


What things? What specific things? What do those things look like? What color? What shape? What specifics? What is it that God has impregnated in your prayer life? What miracle or miracles are you praying to give birth to eventually? I have my list. 

I wish I could tell you beforehand. I am not a liberty to do so. All I can say is they are very tangible. They will be the evidence of our faith. You will not have to wonder what they are. We will testify. I already see those miracles in the making just as if they were already born. Such is the nature of praying. Soon Brenda and I will proudly display what God has done just like we did when each of our four boys were born. Miracles are now in the making. Soon God will bring them to birth. We wait and pray in faith until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment