Monday, November 20, 2017

Big Mountain Moving God

Are you staring at some mountains in your way?Do they hinder your path? Are they too tall to climb over, too wide to walk around, and too deep to tunnel underneath?

There is only one option left? Pray it to move. Brenda and I have seen God do this many times in the past. Big mountains He moved out of the way. He has solved financial problems, provided vehicles when we couldn't afford to buy them for ourselves, opened closed doors, provided places for us to live, and brought salvation and new life to many along the way. 

This night as I type this I'm looking squarely  at four big mountains. Four huge audacious mountains. Each one intimidating. Each one seemingly impossible from my point of view. Each one requiring the miraculous move of God to accomplish His purposes. 

God specializes in moving big mountains. Mountains that look so impossible it is easier to doubt than to believe. He does not see mountains. He sees molehills. He sees ant mounds. Nothing for Him to move. So Brenda and I pray. 

Now I could list each mountain right here. I could phrase the language so as to give hints what they are. If Brenda and I take our mountains to God alone then when He works to move them He alone will get the glory. Nobody will be able to say any man moved the mountains. God will get the glory and Brenda and I will have another testimony to share. 

I am confident each of these four big mountains will move. I am confident on this very site I will testify about how God worked in each situation to give Him more glory. Other's faith will be encouraged and inspired. 

It is part of the great adventure. Part of the ebb and flow of life of facing tests and trials but watching God do powerful work in overcoming the trials. When God chooses to step into our situations to flex His divine muscles to do the impossible tasks of moving our mountains we are humbled. We are awed. We are astonished. We are amazed. 

When was the last time you were awed, astonished, and amazed at the power of God? I bet the last time you saw Him in action it moved you deeply. We may not enjoy facing mountains but we do enjoy watching His move mightily. 

So on this night, as I have done for weeks now, I ask the great mountain moving God to move my four big mountains. I speak to them with faith and do not entertain doubt. I expect them to be moved anyday now. When they are you will hear all about it. 

Mark 11:23-24 (ESV)
23  Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
24  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.




No comments:

Post a Comment