Saturday, April 16, 2016

This Is Not What I Purposed

This is not what I purposed and this is not what I planned,
The pain of life feels like misguided by Your unseen hand,
I never wanted riches or success with abundant galore,
Yet I never dreamed of this disappointment added more,
I never dreamed I would have this heartache and sorrow,
Long given up that three are better days come tomorrow,
All I have is today, this moment in time to try and endure,
Dead dreams make life so uncertain, so unsteady, unsure,
This is not what I purposed and this is not what I planned,
When as a child and teenager my future days I scanned,
It is not my place to question You asking all my whys.
I still struggle with doubts no matter how I pray or try,
So here I am the broken heap that remains now of me,
Wondering what the future holds that I cannot now see.

No comments:

Post a Comment