Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Stepping Out

God is on the move. He always has been. Somewhere in the world today God is dropping His call on people to join Him in His purposes. At that moment people have a choice to make. Do they obey or do they disobey? Do they follow through on God's call or do they shrink back? Do they press forward in faith or do they forsake the call due to fear?

I have found when God calls people to do something it most likely will require faith. Just read Hebrews 11. Noah needed faith to build the ark and bring it to completion. Abraham needed faith to follow God going to a land he did not know. and trusting God for Isaac. Over and over in Hebrews 11 we read about the accounts of people called by God to do something and they obeyed in faith.

For each of these and followers of God  since then they came to a moment when they stepped out. They quit waiting and hiding behind prayer. They quit seeking more counsel. They quit rationalizing and giving into fear. They stepped out.

They took a step from the comfortable, the secure, the familiar, into the uncomfortable, the risky, and the unknown. In each case they took a step. A step into a new adventure. A step into destiny. A step into a move of God. A step into a deeper walk with God. A step into His purposes.

The tragic thing is many people waste their lives without ever stepping out. They make excuses. They may even convince themselves God did not really speak or call them to such and such a task. They wish they had the courage to step out but they are paralyzed by their own fears.

Fear cripples. Fear opposes faith. Fear keeps us stuck in the status quo. Fear rationalizes disobedience. Fear will keep us from experiencing breakthrough.

God is calling people to break fear by stepping out. One step of faith and then anther, then the next one and the next one. Faith starts today with stepping out. I don't know hat that means for others but I do know what it means for me. I've already practiced what I am writing today.

I took a step of faith in planning  a lunch meeting later today with the man I believe will lead worship at the Shake the City Kermit revival. I also wrote an email to a professor in the Christina Studies department I met briefly last year detailing my desire to hold a Shake the Campus tent revival on the campus of Howard Payne University. Before I pushed the send button on that email I prayed. I sent the email in faith and trust God to do the rest. I took a step. I stepped out. I have many other steps to take. By faith and God's help I intend to take each and every one.

Taylor just texted me and told he will be talking to his college pastor at his church their in Brownwood. The wheels are being set into motion.

IT IS TIME TO STEP OUT. STEP OUT AND TRUST GOD. It does not matter how impossible the call of God seems from where you are sitting. Look at it from where God is sitting. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO OUR GOD. STEP OUT. TAKE A STEP OF FAITH. WATCH GOD WORK AND GLORIFY HJIS NAME THROUGH YOU STEP OF OBEDIENCE.




No comments:

Post a Comment