Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sacred EnCounter In The Holy Book

I got up and went to my desk. I took out my Bible and picked up where I left off yesterday reading in he book of Ephesians. I read through the rest of that book. I looked for a fresh word from the Lord. Right through all of Philippians and three chapters into Colossians. That is where I had my sacred encounter with the Lord this morning. The specifics are not important.

What I want to encourage you to do is to keep journeying with God through the pages of your Bible. Keep seeking God. Keep searching out truth. Keep looking for God in those sacred pages of scripture. Keep setting your mind on those high truths.

This is not religious ritual. This is not mere going through the motions of devotions. This habit leads to profound encounters with God. Nothing can be more important and more adventurous. I bless the God of the sacred encounter in the Holy book. I thank God for my Bible. I have written in it, highlighted and underlined certain verses and go back in mind to those sacred encounters when I reread those passages. What a joy. What a blessed people we are to have been given the gift of sacred scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment