Monday, July 30, 2012

Sunday After Revival

So what happened at Faith Community the Sunday after the revival meetings? God moved. The worship filled the warehouse. People sang with passion. Eddie had fire in his heart after sitting and listening for the past two weeks. The people seemed pretty fired up as they sang as well. I could not help but smile while I sang.

One lady commented to me at lunch she could not quit crying through the whole service. She had pleaded with God to revive her heart during the revival meetings. She said she had been going through a dry spell. For some reason God moved in her heart Sunday morning. She wanted to go back to church right then. Another lady who has been praying for her husband and two sons to be saved came to me after the service with her youngest son who told me he wanted to follow in baptism next Sunday. His father and brother who have also recently been saved will be joining him along with a host of others. These three have been on my prayer list since this wife and mother asked me to join her in praying. Praise the Lord.

We had a family join the church Sunday morning. He works for the Southern Baptist of Texas Convention as the state wide Disaster Relief Coordinator and she is a retired school teacher who volunteers for a pregnancy crisis center. They will make great additions to our church.

Last night, despite 104 degree temperatures, Faith Community Church gathered to pray at the High School, Junior High, and Intermediate campuses. I prayed with our students and loved hearing them pour their hearts out to God for their friends, teachers, and the lost. We are committed to not only praying for our community but also praying at different venues. We next plan to go and pray at area churches. Prayer is part of the DNA of Faith Community Church.

We have not been deterred one bit from continuing to seek God for revival. I am assured it will come as God works in this community. We will continue to pray and labor for lost people. We will continue to plant the gospel seed and trust God for the harvest. We will continue to seek God for tangible ways to serve and to love this community with no strings attached.

When an evangelist finishes preaching a revival in a community he moves on to the next church and the next town. Preaching a revival in the same church and community where I pastor affords me the opportunity to stay. I get to stay and continue my labor of love. I get to keep praying, witnessing, preaching, writing, and loving this community. The pursuit of God and revival continues. I will not end this glorious pursuit.

God is at work in Paradise, TX just like He is working all over the world. Faith Community continues to push forward. The crowds continue to increase. They keep coming though it gets pretty hot in the warehouse as our a/c struggles to keep up with the hot temperatures outside. Many times I have sweat right through my shirt and pants. I love it. God continues to work despite these few obstacles.

Life after the revival meetings does not mean we are satisfied without revival. The glorious pursuit continues. On top of all that Sunday was our one year anniversary as a church. God has done so much in the past year. Nothing greater than saving people and transforming whole families. This coming Sunday we are going celebrate baptism with the most people we have ever been baptized at one time in our church. God continues to expand His kingdom one heart and life at a time. Glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment