Thursday, July 26, 2012

Paradise Revival - Day Twelve

You can mark three of the twenty-eight people I have been praying for off my list. One was already saved but had fallen out of fellowship with church. He showed up last night with his wife. God set up a divine appointment for me to talk to a student in the weight room about his salvation. He had already trusted Christ to be saved but had never been baptized. He is going to do that in two weeks when we celebrate baptism as a church. Another man I have been praying for gave evidence of also getting saved at some point in his life. He is contemplating baptism.

Last night the Lord allowed me to preach my all time favorite message from [II Kings 6:1-7] about the lost axehead. I will spare you all the details but suffice it to say God did move. I remember being moved by watching one man sprawled out on the altar in brokenness and prayer and a lady at the altar doing serious business with God last night. We had a good night. For some reason God has chosen to anoint that message more than anyone I have ever preached.

Once again God used Chris to lead us in anointed worship. I received two testimonies from adults getting blessed watching an incoming sixth grader lifting both hands in worship. One lady sent me a text that read, "Anyone who says God is not moving in Paradise I would call a liar." She is right. God is moving. Much of it is under the surface but make no mistake the movement is real. It is like the rip currents which you cannot see in the ocean but you can definitely feel the effects as they drag you further and further from the shore.

God is pulling and tugging on hearts. Plans for now include us to meet tonight and Friday night before ending our revival unless... That is unless God does some astounding things in these next two services. We long for more of Him and my will is only to do His will.

In two weeks we have as many as twelve people to baptize. I do not have words to express my gratitude to God for the work He continues to do here at Faith Community. I am off to night thirteen of the revival. I am off to preach another word clearly impressed on my heart from the Lord. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment