Sunday, July 15, 2012

Paradise Revival - Day Two part 1

The house was full this morning with eager worshipers and the Spirit of God. Chris led us to the throne of God. I sang with joy wanting nothing more than to offer God my all. Some still do not grasp worship. They stand and shove their hands in their pockets or nervously look around to see what everyone else is doing. They do not grasp that God is the audience.

I preached from Hosea 6:1-3 calling people to return to the Lord and to come to Jesus for salvation. I challenged the students especially to press on to know the Lord. We had a good morning but sadly the altar was barren. I believe God spoke to people and moved in hearts. We just did not see a visible response.

I am not the least discouraged. God will work in His time and in His way. I have great confidence He is going to do something extraordinary in these days. So I pray, wait, and preach with expectation.

I recall a distinct moment this morning when I sensed the Lord was present. I am not after emotional experiences though some may come. I am after more of God. Our format is very simple. We pray. We worship. We look into God's word and we trust Him for the results. God is at work on His people first.

In the Solemn Assembly and the service this morning I have met with God. I felt the depth of the message in the bottom of my soul. Perspiration drenched my collar and oozed down my face and I loved every minute of it. We are off and running in pursuit of God and revival. Our forty day journey in  preparation for these days have ended. Now we are in a dead sprint to follow hard after God. [PS 63:8] KJV We will not be satisfied with lesser blessings like big crowds or crocodile tears. We are after more of God and I believe God is after more of us.

In twenty minutes we will begin our evening service. I will be preaching from [II Tim 4:6-8]. I believe God will be calling His children to deeper commitment. I also believe God will be calling the lost to salvation. Please continue to pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment