Sunday, July 15, 2012

Paradise Revival - Day One

Though the revival does not officially begin until this morning a remnant gathered last night for prayer and repentance accompanied with worship. We cried out to God to forgive the sins of the community like the drugs in the school, the lack of respect for God, the immorality in the community, the filthy language in the schools, the petty jealousies that exist among the churches, the prayerlessness of all the churches, for fathers who do not love and guide their children spiritually, and the lack of the love of God in our hearts to mention a few.

We read scripture and fell on our faces in repentance. I don't know where the thought came from other than God because I had not thought of it during my preparations, but [II Tim 4:6] came to mind. "For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come."

The thought of being poured out all for God last night in pursuit of Him and revival captured my heart. I challenged our people to lay their lives down to God being poured out for Him like water being poured from a glass. I challenged all of us to not hold one drop back. To pour out every ounce of us on the altar in pursuit of the Lord and His transforming this community.

If I have ever had a worship encounter with my Father, I did last night. I bowed as low as I could get on the altar and poured all of my heart out to Him in worship, in service, in consecration, in yielding my life to follow the dream of Faith Community Church, to expend all my strength in pursuit of Him and revival, and offering all I am and ever hope to be. I wept pleading to be completely yielded.

If nobody in that warehouse poured their lives out like a drink offering I can tell you this pastor did. I did not hold one ounce back. I sunk my face into the bare wood stage and my knees on the concrete floor getting as low I could get. I did not hold back any part willingly. To my knowledge I gave my Lord everything. My life, family, future, my dreams, my strength, mind, heart, affections, money, time, and my remaining days. Every ounce of me poured out before God as a drink offering.

While others continued to pray I went to the back to partake of communion alone. I could not. I fell on my knees and buried my face in the concrete again offering Jesus everything. I worshiped. I, being inferior, bowed before my Superior Lord and offered Him the deepest worship I knew how to give. I sang with my heart as well as my lips. I offered Him my all. The tears flowed freely. I could not tell you what happened in the life of one other person last night, but I can tell you I have never been more fully surrendered and poured out before the Lord as happened last night.

When I ran into my boys after the service I challenged them to not hold back one drop of their lives in pursuit of the Lord and seeking Him during these revival days. I am already pumped and revived and the real revival has not even begun yet. I cannot say what the Lord has in store for us today much more over the next two weeks. All I know is I am yielded. I am poured out before Him. I am laid down at His feet to surrender preaching, writing, praying, worshiping, and serving. I am not holding back. To God be the glory for great things He has done.

We will gather for more worship at 10:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. tonight. My expectations are high. All I have is what I am supposed to preach today and tonight.

Now, I ask have you poured out your life as a drink offering to God? Are you holding back even one single drop? I challenge you regardless of whether you live in Paradise, Seminole, Lufkin, or even in some other country; pour out your whole life to God in an act of worship today. I challenge you to stop right where you are reading this and fall on your knees. Take the glass of your life and turn it upside down. Pour out your all before Him in one massive act of worship. Do this in your home. Do this in your secret place. Do this at the altar of your local church. Regardless of your location pour out every single drop.  I challenge you to not hold back. If you have ever fully surrendered to God I urge you to do it right now in this moment. What God does in response will most likely overwhelm us.

As for me, I will pour myself out in prayer, worship, and preaching today. No holding back. To the last drop I am a drink offering. When all was said and done I fell into bed exhausted and slept like a baby last night. That is until God awakened me and summoned me to take my post on the walls of Paradise. That too is a drink offering. There is much more to come. I hope you will take this journey with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment