Saturday, July 21, 2012

Paradise Revival - Day Seven

I worked diligently to prepare a message yesterday afternoon. It proved not to be the message God intended. Two songs into the worship service I knew God would not allow me to preach what I had studied. I did not panic. I knew I had a choice to make. I could preach what I had prepared and God would not bless it. I could preach what He wanted even though I had not prepared for it and trust Him to use it. I did the latter and I have no doubt God spoke to His people last night through a very unpolished message.

He led me to preach from Mark 9:14-29. The key verses are when the father of the demon possessed son said to Jesus, "If can you can do anything please take pity on us and help us." Jesus' reply, "If I can? All things are possible to him who believes." All of us pray. Not all of us pray with faith. We know God can but we are not always convinced He will answer when we ask. Many times we have prayed for things a long time and not seen the answer like the father who had the possessed boy.

Every time we are tempted to doubt we need to remember the prayer of the father. "Lord help my unbelief I do believe." I want that prayer engrained in my mind and branded on my heart. No matter what we must continue to ask the Lord to help our unbelief. We must ask the Lord to strengthen our faith as we continue to seek Him for revival, healing, provision, to move mountains, to save lost loved ones, and to make a way where there seems to be no way.

God worked in our hearts to strengthen and encourage our faith and topped the night off with a sizable miracle. One of our families has been trusting God to buy a snow cone stand for sale. All efforts had met with closed doors. They needed some down payment money to get things started. God used someone in our church to meet that need last night. Once again I had a front row seat to behold the faithfulness of God.

After church last night someone handed me a stack of cash with the instructions I was to give this to the family to help make the snow cone dream come true. I delivered the miracle this morning. I loved watching the shocked look on the face of the lady as I handed the money over to her. I know how she felt for Brenda and I have been on the receiving end of miracles many times.

Last night we also had a young girl make a profession of faith. Her older sister did so at children's camp and they will both be celebrating baptism in a couple of weeks along with several others. These are exciting days. God continues to move and to manifest His presence in a different way every night.

We have determined to meet with Him at least through next Saturday night. That means seven more nights of seeking, singing, praying, and preaching. We leave the results up to God. Please continue to pray with as God continues to shake our lives and the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment