Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Paradise Revival - Day Ten

Chris and I met together for prayer in the warehouse. We lay on our faces as we cried out to God. We cried out for God to show Himself and to grip this community with conviction and His power. I do not know how long we remained there. I only know two people cannot have prayed any harder than we did. People may pray longer but I am confident they could not pray harder.

Before the service began I had four different seasons of prayer that day. I felt confident God would breakthrough. When all ended I felt I had preached the worst message of the entire revival and everything seemed flat. I left distraught. I kept thinking how in the world could a service end that badly when we had prayed so fervently all day long.

I did not feel I preached with any anointing. The whole service felt flat. I do not know what happened. Chris felt the same way. I recall preaching and thinking how hard every word and thought seemed for me to convey. It felt like labor. The anointing of God seemed absent. How we could have grieved the Spirit of God I do not know. I know I did not walk into that place trusting in my prayers or my preparation. I trusted in God to work powerfully.

Once again I left dejected. I really began to believe that maybe I had not heard from God at all about this revival which is even more disturbing. I recall the many times I wanted to back out on even doing this and then I would sense (or think I sensed) the Lord nudging me to follow through. I would have ended the meetings last week but once again I sensed (or thought I sensed) the Lord leading us to meet for two weeks.

I preached from [Gal 6:7-9]. I had prepared the message for a strong evangelism emphasis. I am not sure one lost person even attended that meeting. One thing is for certain. Paradise has not been shaken. Paradise has not been altered. It is difficult not to lose heart.

The one comfort I have is that when this does end I will remain. I will continue to pray, preach, and to write. I will continue to labor for more of God. I will remain at my post. There is still more work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment