Saturday, July 14, 2012

On the Eve of Revival

As I write this we are about an hour and a half from holding a Solemn Assembly in preparation for the revival services starting in the morning. [Joel 1:13-17] [Joel 2:12-17] Tonight we will gather to worship, pray, repent, and take communion all in order to consecrate ourselves for what the Lord wants to do in these next few days. [Joshua 3:5]

I feel like a race horse in the starting blocks. We have been preparing for these days for months. I could not tell you what I will be preaching for the next several days. God has given me enough light for tonight and the morning worship service. Other than that I am following God step by step through all of  this. I am still raring to go. I have been waiting on this day for months.

I personally am not looking for anything other than the presence of God to fill the house. I yearn for Him to move and stir the hearts of the apathetic and cold hearts. I yearn for God to move people to repentance starting tonight and begin drawing people to Jesus for salvation. I continue to ask God to shake up this little town. We need a shaking. Paradise is a great community and I love living here. It is not a perfect community. Many have turned their backs on God. Saved people have fallen into rebellion and out of fellowship with God. Lost people openly mock God and defy His commands. I trust God this is all about to change.

While praying earlier today the Lord reminded me that I do not have to strive to make this revival happen. In fact, no matter how much I strive I cannot produce revival. Only God can produce revival and I am convinced He is determined to do that right here in Faith Community Church and the Paradise community at large. I believe God is choosing this church and this community for revival. I want all of Him.

I am humbled to get to be a part of it. I have never felt more prepared to be a part of anything. I have chronicled what the Lord has been doing in my life for the past several weeks. I still hunger for more of Him. On the eve of revival I stand ready to receive all the Lord has for us. I hope you will join us in prayer.

I will do my best to record how the Lord works in these days on this blog. Check back daily for updates. I plead with you to do more than just read. Pray for us. May the Lord kindle our hearts with His revival fire starting tonight. May it spread beyond Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment