Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Glorious Pursuit - Day Twenty Eight

How can I ever describe the intimacy of my times with the Lord for the past two months. Every day I wake up with the deep longing to be alone with Him. Every day I pour out my heart to the Lord and He speaks to me. You would not believe the way He has been speaking to me. You would not believe even more the things He has been speaking to me.

First there is the revival. God assures me of several things. Christian people will come to the altar in tears of repentance. Many people will be saved. The revival will last longer than any of us think. God has chosen this time and this church to to be used in revival. The revival is bigger than Faith Community Church.

Repeatedly God has exhorted me the revival must be sustained through prayer. Over and over again He has warned me we do not have enough chairs at Faith Community Church. We will pray and trust God for more provision to purchase more chairs as they are needed.

He has spoken to me about the future of Faith Community Church. I am humbled and awed by what He has shown me. Like snap shots in a photo album I have seen several things in our future. We are to trust God for 25 acres in the future for land. We are to start a television ministry at some point. We are to build a prayer room that will be open 24 hours a day. We are to follow His leadership in mission endeavors. The church will grow dramatically. There is much more that I do not feel at liberty to share at this moment.

For several days the Lord has drawn me to [Matt 7:7-8]. One week before the beginning of revival services this is what I will preach on tomorrow. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find, knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." I will do more than preach this. I will lead the church at the end in a concert of prayer for several things. Revival. Salvation of the lost by name. Provision.

These times with the Lord continue to grow in intensity in my personal life and my love for the Lord has never been more ardent. God has strengthened my faith and continues to challenge me with more to believe Him for. Though there are mountains I see God is more than able to be the mountain mover for all that concerns us. [Heb 11:1] has never seemed more real. "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen."

Revival is coming to Paradise. It is building like a spring storm. Even as I write this God is preparing to unleash His power and the fire of His presence on Faith Community Church and the Paradise community at large. For whatever reason God has chosen our church. We have not earned it. God has chosen this church and this community for His great move. The revival will last longer than any of us think. In the beginning we will meet for two straight weeks. After that God will show us how to continue. I ask for all the prayers you can send my way. I must pace myself during these days of the revival. When God is done working in revival we will all know when it is supposed to end.

I have sought the Lord in personal preparation for the past two months. I do not have one message prepared in advance. I know He will give them to me day by day. My times have been spent dealing with my life, repenting of sin, memorizing scripture, reading and lingering in the Lord's presence wanting more of Him and to hear from Him clearly.

With only one week to go I ask those of you at Faith Community to keep preparing yourself for what God wants to do. I am personally praying for over twenty people by name to be saved. I hope you will pray for those people God puts on your heart. I feel like I have already experienced revival in some ways. I know God has more for all of us. I hope you are hungry for more of Him.

As we begin our last week of the forty day journey we began back on June 6th I pray we all finish strong. Next Saturday night we are holding a Solemn Assembly service in preparation for the revival to begin the next day. That service will begin at 7:00 p.m. We will worship, repent, and pray for God's fresh outpouring.

We stand on the threshold of a move of God I believe will transform lives, Faith Community Church, and the Paradise community. My expectations are high. I trust God to do things none of us will ever forget. May we all be strengthened to continue in pursuit of God and revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment