Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Glorious Pursuit - Day Twenty - Nine

This has been a rare day. I have not had human contact for most of today. I left the house while my family still slept to come to the office. I returned before lunch but they had already left to go to a movie in the metroplex. After eating I returned to the office to study and write. I have been alone all day. My day has been filled with prayer, writing, reading, and studying. It has been enjoyable. I have contented myself in solitude. Though alone I have not been alone.

God has met with me all throughout the day. He communed with me earlier this morning. He has spoken to me through a couple of books. He has counseled me about our upcoming revival. He has deepened my love for Him and my trust in Him. Like I said earlier, though alone all day long I have not been alone. I have contented myself in Him.

How often we lose sight of Him and His directions in the midst of all the noise in our lives. Much of the day I sat in silence. No television. No music. Absolute silence. My soul connected with God on multiple occasions today. I had time to listen. I had time to seek Him first and foremost. Other things that used to eat at my time are quickly losing their attraction. God satisfies my soul and I long for more of Him.

Tomorrow we get to worship corporately. Tomorrow I get to celebrate all God has done in my heart for the past seven days. I feel renewed and ready to proclaim the truth of His word. I stand ready to call people to adjust their lives and actions to God's word. I come expecting God to move among us.

The past few weeks have been some of the most thrilling of my serving Christ. What I have experienced in these days cannot be described. It is something other hungry and thirsty souls can only experience. God meant our journeys with Him to be first hand experiences. You cannot live off my experiences and I cannot live of the experiences of others as well.

It is a humbling thing to contemplate that the Creator of this universe wants to commune with me! He wants to meet with me, communicate with me, reveal Himself and truth to me, and to lavish love and grace on me. Me of all people. The small town boy from the piney woods of east Texas. That shy insecure boy who could barely get through standing before the class to read a book report. That angry confused and emotionally distraught teenager. That impulsive ministry leader who often said yes and jumped in without really counting the cost. All of that I have been. God still chooses to meet with me. All that I am now God chooses to reveal Himself to me. All that I will be in the future God chooses to love and commune with me. There is no more thrilling experience in life than those divine encounters. I live for them.

I have known dry seasons with the Lord when no matter how I sought Him I could not get a breakthrough. I have known periods of God's silence. I have known other times when it seemed the Lord shouted His directions to me no matter where I looked or went. This is more than religion. I am in a real relationship with Jesus. He meets with me. I cannot even begin to express the joy we share as tarry with one another.

Lord, I ask you to draw multitudes into deeper fellowship with you. I plead with you to never let them settle for the status quo of religion. I plead with you to show yourself more real in their lives than they have experienced before. I ask you to deepen their desire for more of you. In Your name Jesus I ask all of this. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment