Thursday, August 8, 2013

Trusting for the Unseen

Faith is the assurance of things hoped and the evidence of things not seen. [Heb 11:1]

There are things God wills to exist that do not exist today. They remain unseen to the naked eye. The reason they remain unseen is that they do not exist in the physical realm even though God wills and plans for those things to exist in the future.

Yesterday, I had one of those prayer times when you lose track of time and get so caught up in the presence of God you forget all else around you. I have no idea how long it lasted but it started with reading [Hebrews 11:1] and asking God this one question: what do you want me to believe you for.

The next thing I knew I had a legal pad writing down things I sensed God wants me to believe him to do. If I told you even half of them you would laugh me right off this site. So for now, I keep those things close to my heart. God revealed unseen things he wills to happen. So I trust him for them. I began asking for them yesterday and continued those prayers this morning. I have no assurance any of those things will happen quickly or easily. I am sure there will be testing.

Though I cannot see the unseen with my physical eyes, with the eyes of faith, I see each and everyone of those things coming into concrete reality. I see Faith Community Church growing. I mean REALLY GROWING! I see serving beside people I love and whom have heard God's call to join us in this work. I see the church buying land without going into debt and building facilities one day without debt either. I see this church planting other churches all over the world. God has given us our first opportunity to partner with a new church start called Emmaus Church in Corpus Christi. There is more but at this time I cannot share those things.

God plants the unseen in people's heart all the time. God planted an ark in Noah's mind and heart. Twelve decades later it became reality in completion. God planted a son in Abraham's heart and over two decades later that son was born. Isaac was the beginning of the fulfillment of God's promise for Abraham to become the father of a covenant nation. During a severe drought rain had not been seen in Israel for three years. Elijah prayed and the unseen became seen as rain poured from the skies.

A guy named Jerry Falwell saw the unseen of a church that became known as Thomas Road Baptist Church and a college with the land for it on top of a mountain now known as Liberty University. A missionary had a vision to take the gospel to heathen lands years before anyone in his generation was doing that named William Carey. An evangelist had a vision for preaching great crusades in stadiums to see the lost won to Christ even though it was unseen at the time. We know him today as Billy Graham.

This world is filled today with things that at one time were unseen by people but were seen by some man or woman who asked God, what do you want me to believe you for. He put the unseen in their hearts and they trusted, prayed, and labored to the see the unseen become seen.

What is God wanting you to trust for today? Have you asked him? Are you willing to stop what you are doing and to ask him right now? Will you believe him for the unseen no matter how outlandish it might seem? I pray today is the day we will begin trusting God for the unseen as he plants dreams and visions in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment