Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Revival

I just hung up the phone from a dear sister in Christ. She asked me to pray for revival for the town of Kermit, TX. God has weighed revival on my heart for more than just a small town in west Texas. I have a burden for revival for our nation. I will and have prayed for Kermit, TX as well as Paradise, TX and beyond.

I am not talking about a scheduled series of meetings where a guest preacher comes and some extra services are scheduled. I am talking about where God comes to invade a church, a community, and a nation with deep conviction of sin, moving believers to repentance, and transforming the morale climate  of entire communities and countries. God has done this in the past. We desperately need him to do it again in this day.

Well over a year ago the Lord spoke something to me I can't shake. Part of his plan for my life is that I will be a catalyst for revival. I am not sure what form that will take. Presently it is primarily through prayer. It also may come through my writing. I believe God wants to use me to preach revival messages on the local scene as well as beyond. Since that time I have been praying that God would open doors to preach revival in local churches and beyond. I have the possibility of a revival meeting in the works this fall near here. I pray other meetings would follow.

Whether I preach revivals or not I cannot shake the burden that our local communities need a true move of God to turn the hearts of the people back to him. We need a great move of God to work in our midst.  Apathy abounds in the church today. Hypocrisy is rampant from the church leadership down to the students in the youth group. Dead, dry, and decaying hearts listen to the sermon week after week but there is no change. Nothing ever changes in many churches. WE NEED REVIVAL. No. WHAT WE NEED IS GOD AND FOR HIM TO MAKE US COME ALIVE IN HIM!

I have been in services where God did just that. No words could ever describe those encounters with God. The reverence for the Lord pervaded the building. The worship enthralled our souls. The word of God cut deep, and the Spirit of God descended in weightiness dropping people to their knees in repentance and tears of brokenness.

I want to give my remaining days to the pursuit of God and the revival of his church across this nation. I am at his disposal to do with as he pleases. For now I will continue my pursuit in prayer asking God to ignite revival fire in me and that it would spread.


No comments:

Post a Comment