Saturday, August 10, 2013

All of Me

I am not the man that I would like to be,
Filled with sin you - do not have all of me,
I wander and stray too often I am wrong,
My patience short - my temper too long,
My faith becomes weak under the trials,
 I say I love and serve you all the while,
How often do I stumble -trip and fall,
You painfully watching aware of it all,
I do not give up but seek to deal a blow,
To my flesh - and unto the Spirit I sow,
A death blow to sin straight through the heart,
Bidding them all behind me forever to depart,
Crucified and buried to harass me no more,
Resolved to surrender in this spiritual war,
O Lord please hear my urgent earnest plea,
Please consume and take every part of me.

(Inspired by a rebuke from my wife about my attitude around the house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment