Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tragedy

My heart sunk when I heard the tragic news,
Of hearts shattered and faith beaten - bruised,
My heart grieved for those suffering just now,
Wondering why and questioning the tragic how,
Such a tragic event could so suddenly occur,
When a phone call turned world into a blur,
What a thin veil of protection each one treads,
When a moment we face what we each dread,
Life is fragile, how often do we tend to forget,
Until tragedy strikes and we left with our regrets,
Sovereign Lord, we are in need of you just now,
Though our hearts grieve at your feet we still bow,
We cannot understand, it is beyond our reasoning,
How suffering comes added to life like seasoning,
I do not understand why you called our sister home,
Why my brother is left to endure this tragedy alone,
O how I plead you show yourself faithful in this hour,
Granting strength and not allowing his faith to sour,
I ask you to help heal his broken and heart shattered,
I ask you to hold him tight while beaten and battered,
You alone can help him endure this night of weeping,
Thinking of his beloved dancing in worship a leaping,
I entrust my brother into your faithful loving hands,
Until he reaches that blissful shore over in Beulah land.

No comments:

Post a Comment