Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crumbling on the Inside

They see a stalwart man looking on the outside,
You know I am broken - crumbling on the inside,
While outwardly I stand bravely and steadfast,
Deep inside I'm wounded though a stark contrast,
The storm has pummeled severely clouding vision,
Faith and fear battle leaving my heart in division,
Outwardly I stand boldly in Bible preaching,
Inwardly I face my private nights of weeping,
People say I'm the man of faith on the outside,
They don't see tears shed privately on the inside,
They do not see the pain that grips my being,
They can't see what only you alone are seeing,
A wounded warrior weary and battle tested,
Wondering if these stormy waves have crested,
Hoping that you'll firmly keep on gripping,
When it feels like I am slowly slipping,
They think I am strong looking on the outside,
You know I am broken - crumbling on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment