Friday, April 5, 2013

The Sacred Hour


I awoke today with you on my heart and mind,
Your presence and will I wanted more to find,
As I sit in this  comfy old reclining lounge chair,
Pouring out my soul - laying down my cares,
I feel something happening - something anew,
Hope beginning to rise - I am being renewed,
The dark clouds of confusion are slowly lifting,
Peace in my heart where Satan has been sifting,
Faith is being rekindled - ignited and revived,
You bringing me back to alive deep down inside,
The future once bleak shadowed clouds darkened,
Now looks to be clearing as I continue to harken,
To your precious truth and word divinely inspired,
Like an eagle helps me soar above trials higher,
Peace washes over me like a gentle spring shower,
While I wait with you in this sacred meeting hour,
No choirs, congregation, or preachers are needed,
As long as I am here - in your presence now seated,
Who can bring me out like the dead from the grave,
Can set me back on course one so vile and depraved,
In your presence I am restored - refreshed - revived,
Taking back my faith and hope Satan had deprived,
No longer content any longer to remain defeated,
Claiming victory on the cross won and completed,
In this sacred hour Lord you have restored vision,
Making whole a mind and heart torn by division,
The future is uncertain and remains largely unsure,
Yet God you hold my hand - I am confident - secure,
Your plan is in tact - it will continually be unfolded,
Your guiding hand using these trials as I'm molded,
Into a vessel of honor for your purposes and desires,
A submissive steadfast heart of faith what you require.

No comments:

Post a Comment