Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Help Our Unbelief


Help My Unbelief

Lord, I look around and see trials like rain falling down,
Useful but overwhelming for those about to drown,
I look around at the hurt, those broken and bruised,
I cry out praying but answers delayed leave us confused,
I read your promises and am assured you never do fail,
I question that when tortured hearts cry and start to wail,
I feel like the father with the sick son desperate for relief,
I feel like the disciples unable to help only bringing grief,
Why do you allow your people to suffer - to linger in pain,
Why does it feel so often that we've only prayed in vain,
You have the strength needed to help all at this very hour,
You're not limited in resources or miraculous working power,
Why are the young diseased needing urgent medical care,
Why are the poor struggling with no one to love and share,
Lord why are you so silent when we cannot fully understand,
When we cannot trace the movements of your unseen hand,
What I see tells me everything is lost - we're losing control,
That you are asleep - the universe you no longer patrol,
That is not the truth I need or others desperate for relief,
So Lord give us faith to overcome and help all our unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment