Thursday, April 4, 2013

Count It All Joy

Today is a new day with both opportunities and challenges. Today we have the choice to count it all joy no matter what we are going through. Today we have the choice to be glad in the trials and the triumphs. [James 1:2]

Yes, God is going to test our faith. What good is an untried and unproven faith? Faith is for the tough times. Faith is for the comfort of the soul and peace of mind when nothingmakes sense and you do not understand.

Tested faith produces endurance. Steadfastness. Constancy. We need that today. Steadfast to resist sin. Steadfast in our pursuit of holiness. Steadfast in our love and devotion for Christ. Steadfast in the howling storms of life. Constant in our pursuit of God. Constant in our unwavering trust in Him to the end. {James 1:2-3]

The sun is not even up and though we may have our day planned, none us really knows what is going to happen. We have a choice. Trust or doubt. Be glad or sad. Run with endurance or quit. Remain constant or give into inconsistency.

Jesus, I ask you to help us count it all joy regardless of what this day holds. I ask you to strengthen us as you test our faith to build endurance. As we endure I pray for constant maturing of our faith. We put no confidence in our flesh. We wholly throw ourselves on you trusting you to bring us through. We have a choice and today I am choosing you. Today I look full into your wonderful face with adoration. Today I trade my confusion, sorrow, despair, and all else Satan would use to cloud my judgment and I lay it at your feet as I count all it joy. That is my choice. In Jesus name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment