Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Come to Me

You said come to Me all who are heavy laden and tired,
So I came in exhaustion and burdened as You desired,
You promised to exchange my fatigue for Your rest,
So I came prostrate before You trusting You'd bless,
That you would bring recovery, refreshing, and renew,
One so loaded down and weary from service given You,
You directed me to learn from You and take up Your yoke,
Not knowing the future - You're the wheel and I'm the spoke,
You told me You were gentle and humble in Your heart,
So I trust You today as I surrender getting a fresh start,
You said Your yoke is easy - a mild pleasant way of life,
So much better than my way filled with sorrow and strife,
You reminded me that Your burden for me is always light,
Though You require that I walk by faith and not by sight,
I come to You on this cold New Mexico Wednesday morn,
Receiving renewal and recovery for a life weary and worn,
I have heard Your voice amidst the mountains and the pines,
Receiving rest and renewal here where your presence shines.


No comments:

Post a Comment