Monday, November 26, 2012

Through the Valley

There is a valley called Baca, filled with tears and much weeping,
Where pain is resides and darkness hides the path we're seeking,
It is a place where emotions run raw - pain and sorrows run deep,
Where doubts arise and  fervent faith weakens and begins to seep,
In the valley - my God - you are here with me each step of the way,
In the valley - you supply renewed strength to strength for each day,
In this valley - you are a fountain of water springing up to life anew,
In this valley - you bring blessing in Baca though it's hard to continue,
You not only remain - you promise to see me through to the other side,
So in the valley of Baca to you alone I cling and seeking daily to abide,
One day I will cross over - this valley called life and the door of death,
I want to praise you faithful till then all I am to my last single breath.
- from Ps 84
ME 11-26-12

No comments:

Post a Comment