Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Are You Still There

When my path is confusing and my way unsure,
When your will seems distant - cloudy - obscure,
I cry out and wonder, "God are You still there?"
In the dark, this load seems way heavy to bear,
I confess your will I can't always understand,
What you purpose and what you command,
Like a child standing frightened in the night,
When my fears would soon put me to flight,
I ask,  "Are You still there Jesus, God my King?"
I must find refuge in the shadow of your wing,
The tempest in my mind leaves me confused,
My faith wounded, scarred, seriously contused,
By trials, Satan, and your own sovereign will,
Calm the storm in me saying, "Peace be still"
In the dark I reach by faith to find your fingers,
And the comfort knowing my God still lingers,
Let your voice sound - please help me to hear,
Open my mind, my heart, please open my ears,
Like a child groping in the dark midnight hour,
I need and yearn for your comfort and your power,
You are here - I sense you abiding right beside me,
You are here -though blind but by faith now I see,
You never left me - even when life slowly unwound,
You reached out  to bring me from the pit to rebound.
   - ME 11-13-12




No comments:

Post a Comment