Monday, November 12, 2012

Clouds of Confusion

Father, you have a will and you have a purpose and a way,
I confess I cannot see or discern them very clearly today,
I have sought you in prayer for hours and hours on end,
I have read your word hoping revelation you would send,
I have waited at your feet longing to hear your quiet voice,
If only it would come from you how my soul would rejoice,
Instead I sit here in confusion wondering what you're doing,
I wait on you eyes toward the hills my hope, faith viewing,
The clouds of confusion are thick I have lost your hot trail,
My faith has been tried - at times feels like has been derailed,
I know you are there though you are silent and delay,
My soul is not always steadfast but sometimes dismayed,
How long will you make me wait as I pour my soul out,
The longer I wait my faith evaporates more into doubt,
You are faithful, you are tried and you are always true,
What must I do to once again hear a fresh word from you?
I love you Father - your ways I cannot guess to understand,
Is this the path you purposed - is this what you had planned?
Shore up my faith - strengthen my resolve I fervently plead,
This confused soul remains before you desperately in need.
     - ME 11-12-12

No comments:

Post a Comment